Image editor with raster and vector layers.
LazPaint is a free and open-source cross-platform lightweight image editor with raster and vectorial layers created with Lazarus. The software aims at being simpler than GIMP, is an alternative to Paint.NET and is also similar to Paintbrush.
Supported file types
- layered files (lzp, ora, pdn, oXo, flat psd)
- multi-images (gif, ico, tiff)
- flat files (bmp, jpeg, pcx, png, tga, webp, xpm, xwd)
- raw images (dng, cr2, nef, arw...)
- vectorial (svg), 3D (obj)
Has drawing tools, vector shapes, phong shading, curve adjustments, filters, render some textures, Python scripting.
- Many common actions can be done with the toolbar. Zoom can be changed with the magnifying glass (+ or -), or by clicking on the 1:1 button to show the image at its original size in pixels, or with the zoom fit button to set the zoom so that the whole image be within the window.
- It is possible to undo/redo the 200 last operations. If you have a doubt on what you are drawing, undo back to the beginning, save a copy, and redo the modifications before going further.
- An image can be resampled, flipped horizontally and vertically.
- Smart zoom x3 : resize the image x3 and detects borders; this provides a useful zoom with ancient games sprites.
- Colorize: set the color of an image while preserving intensities
- Shift colors: cycle colors and change colorness (saturation)
- Intensity: make colors lighter or darker without making them white
- Lightness: make colors lighter or darker by making them whiter
- Normalize: use the whole range of each color channel and alpha channel
- Negative: invert colors (with gamma correction)
- Linear negative: invert colors (without gamma correction)
- Grayscale: converts colors to grayscale with gamma correction
- Can be applied to the whole image or to the active selection.
- Radial blur: non directional blur
- Motion blur: directional blur
- Custom blur: blur according to a mask
- Sharpen: makes contours more accute, complementary to Smooth
- Smooth: softens whole image, complementary to Sharpen
- Median: computes the median of colors around each pixel, which softens corners
- Contour: draws contours on a white background (like a pencil drawing)
- Emboss: draws contours with shadow
- Sphere: spherical projection
- Cylinder: cylinder projection
- Clouds: add clouds of the current pen color
Snap source: https://github.com/chronoscz/lazpaint