Connect, Create, Talk & Discover, now with Bing GPT-4
Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call, no matter what device they use Skype on. Chat with the new Bing in Skype, and get AI-powered answers, recommendations, and inspiration. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, Macs and Linux.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call with HD audio. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send audio messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Bing in Skype – Chat with the new Bing in your individual and group chats to add AI-powered fun in the context of your conversations.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team. Start Skype calls with users not on Skype with Skype links.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, GIFs, stickers, images from your device or web.
• SMS - Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide.
Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Swap out openSUSE_Leap_15.5 for openSUSE_Leap_15.4 or openSUSE_Tumbleweed if you’re using a different version of openSUSE.
With the repository added, import its GPG key:
sudo zypper --gpg-auto-import-keys refresh
Finally, upgrade the package cache to include the new snappy repository:
sudo zypper dup --from snappy
Snap can now be installed with the following:
sudo zypper install snapd
You then need to either reboot, logout/login or source /etc/profile to have /snap/bin added to PATH.
Additionally, enable and start both the snapd and the snapd.apparmor services with the following commands: