Release notes: Snapcraft 4.6
Snapcraft 4.6 is a feature-packed release, including:
- new extensions
- core20 support for additional extensions and plugins
- a new login mechanism.
- plenty of bug fixes and smaller updates
A new option,
--experimental-login can now be used when using
snapcraft login or
snapcraft export-login and when signing assertions (see Create a developer account).
Using this option will trigger a web based authentication flow. To go back to the previous login method you must first
conda-packages(list of strings)
List of conda packages to install.
The Python version to use for the conda packages.
Python version major and minor version (e.g. 3.8).
The version of Miniconda to bootstrap.
Defaults to the latest release.
The road to making this feature stable is closer, although a breaking change lands with 4.6 for this experimental feature. Keys are now using the suffix and not prefix of the key id.
See Package repositories for further details.
Snapcraft is now aware of the existence of
kernel.yaml for snaps of type
install-mode option for applications is now supported with this release.
The gnome-3-38 extension is now considered stable.
The KDE Neon extension now supports
core20 as an experimental extension.
New variants of the Flutter extension are now available for stable and beta. The same documentation applies as for the master and dev variant.
Full list of changes
- package-repositories: use last 8 characters of key id for .asc @cjp256 (#3486)
- build(deps): bump lxml from 4.6.2 to 4.6.3 @dependabot (#3485)
- Support install-mode option for apps @cmatsuoka (#3482)
- requirements: use PyNaCl 1.3.0 and ensure is compiled on linux @sergiusens (#3483)
- tests: crystal 1.0.0 requires shard.lock @sergiusens (#3484)
- porting conda plugin from v1 to v2 so we can use it in core20 @ycheng (#3457)
- project loader: ensure all key assets are utilized @cjp256 (#3364)
- Candid bakery @sergiusens (#3473)
- extensions: add core20 support to kde-neon @sergiusens (#3462)
- ci: add requirements for snapcraft legacy in spread @sergiusens (#3478)
- ci: reduce amount of artifacts to upload for spread @sergiusens (#3476)
- godeps: set default channel to 1.15/stable @cjp256 (#3475)
- spread tests: pin go for v1 plugin snaps @cjp256 (#3477)
- Add flutter-stable and -beta extension variants @MarcusTomlinson (#3471)
- storeapi: move http client and auth to http_clients package @sergiusens (#3472)
- store: do not unnecessarily catch/rewrite exceptions @cjp256 (#3466)
- ci: run spread store tests when secret is available @sergiusens (#3470)
- gitignore: sort list @cjp256 (#3467)
- repo: introduce DebPackage class to standardize package name parsing @cjp256 (#3460)
- store: set auth headers when using login --with @sergiusens (#3468)
- meta: add support for
kernel.yamlfor kernel snaps @mvo5 (#3464)
- extensions: make GNOME 3.38 stable @sergiusens (#3427)
- requirements: pip freeze @sergiusens (#3458)
- storeapi: decouple auth and API @sergiusens (#3452)
Last updated a month ago.